Stocking stuffers — the last minute, rather less thoughtful filler gifts that somehow just end up tossed aside in the melee of gift opening on Christmas morning. This year, I'd like to make an effort to plan ahead a little better on these little pint-sized presents — here are ten handmade gifts that would be perfect for tucking inside a child's stocking.
1. Give your kids' coloring projects a fun kick with these lego men crayons from The Clever Marten; 12 for $4.75.
2. Add to the play kitchen with this darling little set of felt pancakes and fruit from Patchy At Best; $8.
3. For younger ones, here's a bright and cheerful rainbow stacker set from The Enchanted Cupboard; $30.
4. Give their digits some superpowers with these superhero finger puppets from Wee Knit; 5 for $13.
5. A space-age twist on an old favorite: give them this robot memory matching game from the Wood Toy Shop; $14.
6. When the weather outside is frightful… go fishing! Magnetic fishing game from nennelv; $23.
7. Provide some space for doodling, drawing, and writing with this little hand-bound monster journal from From Tawny; $25.
8. Make cold weather fun with green frog knit fingerless gloves from Glove Shop; $32.
9. Give the gift of prehistoric play with this beautiful dinosaur block set from Arks and Animals; $25.75.
10. Go nuts with this squirrel mask from Opposite of Far; $14.
(Images: as credited above.)
More posts in this series
Apartment Therapy Family Gift Guides 2012