We see a lot of really nifty modern kitchens during our rounds of house tours. These are some of my 10 favorite modern kitchens. Some are old, some are new, and all ten are totally terrific.
• Working with an architect on Karen and Dave's Accessible Renovation, the owners not only modernized the kitchen in their 1954 Seattle home, they also made it more accessible to two wheelchair users.
• The streamlined kitchen in Nana's Warm and Modern Family Home gets a little boost of energy from the colorful pop of open shelving.
• The dark wood cabinetry and island contrast beautifully with the light wood floors and white walls of Angela's Posh Pad.
• The kitchen in the open floor plan of Chris Savoy's California Contemporary Home, with the gorgeous cabinetry, white accents, and location in the center of the house, reminds me of the kitchen in the Farnsworth House.
• This modern kitchen in Danielle and Derek's Somerville Sanctuary is surrounded by an older home and yet it all works together.
• Her professional focus may be on textile design, but the modern kitchen in Amy & David Butler's Creative Textile Lab of a Home would make anyone want to become a chef!
• With black cabinetry in an otherwise neutral home, the kitchen in Kelly & Matt's Modern Take on Tiki House Tour is classic and modern.
• From the gorgeous wood grain of the cabinetry, to the open shelving, and even the caged bird wall decals, the kitchen in Greg & Brian's Decadent Deco Moderne Condo is thoroughly modern while hearkening back the the golden age of Hollywood.
• You wouldn't think the kitchen in Aleks & Anne's Converted 1875 Church could possibly fall under the modern category. And yet it does ... and beautifully so.
• The stainless steel drawer fronts, that whimsical blue mirror, and those gorgeous light fixtures in Chris & Saule's Clean Eclectic Family Home are modern, livable, and fun!
Images: Kathryn Barnard, Adrienne Breaux, Jennifer Wray, Bethany Nauert, Kyle Freeman, David Butler, Beth Bates, Beth Lundell Garver, Evan Koester, Leah Moss