February 2011 brought a big snow fall to Chicago, and I, and everyone I knew had a "snow day" in the old school sense, whether we wanted one or not.Today, my colleagues and friends on the East Coast in NYC (and beyond) are in a similar situation. Stocked up on canned goods and water, waiting it out, and hoping for the best. Consider this post my way of sending good thoughts and best wishes to everyone who is at home today thanks to Sandy.
Here are some good old links from my snow storm post back in '11, along with plenty of fresh, new ones. Hopefully you find something inspiring here to help pass the time until things are dry enough to head out.
1. Take some time to focus on the the simple things that can make your home a happier place.
2. Take some photos of your home and send them in to us!
3. Make a plan to rearrange a room.
4. Take just a few minutes to clean one or two of these easy-to-forget about spots around the house.
5. Organize your books and choose a good one to re-read while you are at it.
6. Make some easy, bright new wall art. (Yes, you can!)
7. Cover a pillow
8. Get comfy and watch a few great documentaries on Netflix.
9. Cook up something delicious.
10. Check out these great sites for DIY projects and get one started.
Stay safe, everyone!
MORE GOOD THINGS TO DO AT HOME:
• Ways To Enjoy a Grown-Up "Snow Day" Anytime
(Image: Chris Perez - Jamie's Something Old, Something New House Tour)