There's no question that many of our East Coast readers are holed up somewhere warm and dry right now and are planning on staying close to home, at least for the next day or so. Thanks to the storm and the likelihood of a weather-related day off (SNOW DAY!!!) for the school kids, many people are going to be stuck in...on a Tuesday. Here are some things to do around the house to keep you busy and make your home a happier place:
1. Dig out! It's more fun than it sounds, great exercise and is one of those rare "meet your neighbors" times that don't come along often enough in the city. It's days like this where everyone lets their guard down a bit and band together to get the job done.
2. Indulge in a House Hunters International binge
3. Check out Apartment Therapy's Flipboard mags
4. Do a little window shopping from your sofa
5. Rearrange a room
6. Cover a pillow
7. Do a surface sweep
8. Try some "google decorating" and then pinning
9. Clean out a junk drawer
10. Take some photos of your home and send them in to us!
Whatever you decide, stay warm, stay safe, take it easy and enjoy the snow!
(Edited from a post originally published 2.2.2011 - JL)