For Chicagoans, fall is a bittersweet time. The weather is cool, the leaves are changing...but we know what's coming. Many long months of winter. Before the winter strikes, we've compiled a list of 8 things to do in Chicago (or really anywhere) this season...
• Hit the farmers' markets before they close up for winter.
• Make a fall flea market trip before they all close up shop.
• Take a vintage shopping day trip.
• Take a stroll through your neighborhood park before it gets too cold.
• Buy plants at reduced fall prices and start an indoor herb garden.
• Begin your fall cleaning with a green detox.
• Start thinking about ways to winterize your home and save energy this season.
• Join the AT Fall Cure to work towards a healthier, happier home.
Photo: Downtown Chicago Farmers' Market by Sarah Coffey