You know that feeling you get when you see a home that's completely different from your own decorating style, but you fall in love with it anyway? It's like opening a window in a stuffy room and breathing some fresh, cool air. That's how we felt when we saw Beth's house tour. We love this bedroom and, although we probably won't ever have this much color anywhere in our own home (we're big fans of neutrals), we've collected a lot of ideas from Beth's eclectic style...
- The photograph over the bed looks like a small window into another world.
- The mismatched bedside tables have a lot of character and charm.
- The focal point is the bedspread, which centers the room's vibrant colors.
- The Pottery Barn rug at the foot of the bed incorporates color into the floor.
- The blue walls are a bright, but soothing counterpoint to the rest of the room.
- Natural elements appear in the photographs and wood details (like the breadbowl).
- The view outside the bedroom window looks gorgeous.
- The yellow corner chair is a bold accent (also a great spot to throw extra pillows).
- Details like the painted door on the nightstand incorporate subtle patterns.
- Although there's a lot of color in the room, it feels tied together. Each color shows up in at least 2 places (red-orange in the bedspread and rug, yellow in the pillows and chair, blue in the walls and curtains).
To see Beth's full house tour, click here.