We've got outdoor living on the brain right now, as the warm weather's made everyone giddy here in Chicago. One of the upshots to living in a city with dreary winter weather is the happiness you feel when the snow is finally gone and you can put your winter coat in storage. In preparation for our favorite months of the year, we've compiled a list of a few things we love about Chicago when it's warm...
• 1 Lake Michigan beaches are almost as good as the ocean shore.
• 2 Farmers' markets open up around the city.
• 3 Antique and flea markets offer great weekend shopping.
• 4 Our city park system provides lots of ways to enjoy the outdoors.
• 5 Taking a stroll downtown is like walking through an open-air architecture museum.
• 6 Outdoor concerts abound during the summer months.
• 7 Chicagoans love their decks, rooftop gardens, and backyards.
• 8 The warm weather makes it easy to walk or bike from place to place.
• 9 Coffee shops around the city open up their sidewalk seating.
• 10 Everyone seems a little happier during the brief but beautiful summer months.
Chicagoans, add your summer loves in the comments below.
(Image: Sarah Coffey)