Of all the items on my desk, the one that can make the biggest impact on how well I work, and even my overall mood for the day, is my desk lamp. Oddly, for something so important, it's often not the first, or even the second thing, I think about when I plan a workspace redo. With a plan to rework my workspace currently in action, I've trolled through the Apartment Therapy archives and some of my favourite sources to find fantastic lighting fixtures that I'd be thrilled to look at all day.
While there are some seriously stunning desk lights/task lights out there, when you're working with a budget and an office supply catalog, things can get rather boring rather quickly. To save myself and you from yet another dull desk lighting fixture, I present these ten picks all for under $70.
1. CB2 Crane Fog LED Desk Lamp- $ 49.95 (currently on sale)
2. IKEA TISDAG LED Light- $69.99
3. Target LED Task Lamp- $41.99
4. CB2 Carpenter Bright Orange Lamp- $69.95
5. IKEA FORMAT- $19.99
6. WorleysLighting Modern Desk Lamp- $40
7. IKEA FORSA- $29.99
8. Lite Source Leivik LED Desk Lamp- $69.41
9. Lumian Design LED Desk Light- $34.95
10. Charles Priest Old Book Desk Lamp- $50
What's your budget pick for a great desk lamp?
(Top Image: CB2. All others: as credited above.)