Last night, Lady Gaga cut the ribbon at her very first holiday pop-up shop at Barney's New York. As a collaboration between herself and creative director Nicola Formichetti, I was expecting a slightly over-the-top, pop-punk wonderland. What I didn't expect was to pick up some really, really useful tips for decorating and entertaining this holiday season. Check out my ten takeaways after the jump.
1. Deck the halls with human hair.
2. Serve finger foods.
3. Abandon old stockings in favor of leather platforms & neo-unicorns for the mantle.
4. Only decorate cookies with own likeness.
5. Put bows on everything.
6. Some simple candles will add a bit of ambience.
7. Red & green is out. Consider an updated color palette.
8. Make time for a manicure before the party.
9. Pick up a few general gifts for surprise guests.
10. Remember the spirit of giving.
In honor of this project, Barneys New York is proud to donate 25% of sales from all items in Gaga's Workshop to the Born This Way Foundation. For directions and hours, visit GagasWorkshop.com.
Images: Mat Sanders