Pillowcases are a great starting point for home projects, whether your DIY skills are basic or you have none at all. The boxy shape and strong seams make them ideal for a wide range of jobs, from cleaning and organizing to simple sewing...
- In a pinch, a pillowcase makes a great laundry bag.
- In the washing machine, use a pillowcase tied with a knot to protect delicate clothing.
- Store folded sheet sets inside a pillowcase to keep them neat and organized.
- When traveling, pack a pillowcase to separate clean clothes from dirty ones.
- Use a pillowcase to store rags (or rip up an old one to make new rags).
- Sew handles on an old pillowcase to make a reusable shopping bag.
- To make a garment bag, cut a hole in the pillowcase and slip it over a hanger.
- Use a vintage patterned pillowcase to make a skirt for a woman or a dress for a child.
- Make a pet bed from a cotton, linen, or wool pillowcase.
- Use pillowcases to make lined cafe curtains.
ATVideo of the Day