When people think of trays, they naturally think kitchen and dining room. Done and done. But trays are useful in just about every room in the home. Objects and personal items only become clutter when they spread out and overtake the space. Trays keep things contained and help keep us in check. That said, they're also attractive. These 10 vintage trays will add color, and order, to your home!Trays are a quick and easy way to incorporate vintage charm to your home without the big commitment of furniture. They're also an easy way of being eco-friendly, since they're pre-owned and long lasting.
Here are some useful ways to use trays throughout the home: in the entryway, a small tray is a good catch-all. In the bathroom, they keep containers of cotton swaps and personal care items in check. In the bedroom, use them to hold accessories like watches, cufflinks and jewelry. In the living room, trays can hold a table top bar, a stack of books and magazines, or display collections neatly.
1. Set of 7 Vintage Yellow Metal Trays, $16.00 from Sweet Shop Village
2. Vintage Jadite Green Metal Tray with Center Rose and Daisy Spray in Red and Yellow - Shabby Chic Style, $30.00 from New Life Vintage RVs
3. Vintage owl tray / retro kitchen / yellow / orange / green / folk owl / desk office decor / kitsch / Japanese, $15.00 from White Dog Vintage
4. Vintage Metal Serving Tray / Jadeite Green / Dogwood Blossoms, $10.00 from Sky Way Vintage
5. Red Tole Tray, $18.00 from Vintage Nancy
6. Beautiful Vintage Red Metal Tole Tray, $24.00 from Vintage Nancy
7. Upcycled Vintage Vanity Tray in Teal Shabby Chic Country Cottage, $25.00 from A. Hindle 78
8. Vintage Toleware Serving Tray Nashco Products Small, $12.00 from Zee's Vintage
9. Blue Antique Filigreed Brass Vanity Mirror Tray, $20.00 from Spicy Marshmellow
10. Vintage Chic Mirror Tray for Vanity or Dresser with Gold Finish Frame, $21.95 from Iron and Lace Linens
MORE TRAYS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Practical to Pretty: 7 Boot Trays
• Budget Entertaining: 5 Trays Under $20
(Images: As credited above.)