Sometimes it's nice to take a year off, and not have to lug home a bulky Christmas tree, vacuum up pine needles, and poke an eye out when you have to water the damn thing each day. This, I assure you, does not make you the Grinch. It just makes you the perfect candidate from one of these 2D trees that provide the spirit of the holiday, without taking up space or too much energy. For the most part, they are easy to do, and can be saved for subsequent years.
1. Tape some metallic copper adhesive to the wall, and you get Hello Lidy's modern interpretation of a Douglas Fir.
2. If you feel confident with a paintbrush, French By Design has an inspired canvas painting hung on the wall.
3. Rachel from The Crafted Life used a bleaching technique to make this simple banner.
4. The Nest shared this easy DIY paper tree from Brit & Co.. I love all the color!
5. Neon pink. Geometric. Crochet. Three good things combine to make this unique Xmas wall hanging from Lubenlustiger.
6. This Scandinavian-inspired tree comes from Dans Le Townhouse and includes pegs from which to hang ornaments.
7. Staple a cross stitched canvas over wood stretchers, like this one from Jessica Decker.
8. Free People styled this excellent organic "tree" which also doubles as a way to display holiday cards.
9. A engineer print from your local copy store is a great stand in for an actual tree. This one is from Almost Makes Perfect.
10. This lit plywood tree from 101 Woonideeen is all happiness and light.