We usually think of summer as a time to get outside and enjoy the warm weather, but why not spend some quality time in the great (air-conditioned) indoors, with a lemon shandy in one hand and some light reading in the other? For anyone who needs a mini-vacation ASAP ("Serenity now!"), here are 10 ways to unwind in your own home.
- Summer reading - no heavy novels allowed, beach reading only :)
- Host a party - have your friends over for white wine and summer salads.
- Brew some iced tea - maybe make that a Long Island iced tea.
- Grow something - start a container garden on the deck.
- Open the windows - let some fresh air in.
- Buy some flowers - there's no better time to decorate your home with bouquets.
- Take a vacation from your computer - just walk away from the laptop.
- Have a film festival at home - watch your favorite summer blockbusters.
- Take a bath - unwind in the tub.
- Take a nap - grab some sleep on the sofa or the porch.
Images: Flickr Member emdot licensed via Creative Commons (1), Sarah Coffey (2, 4, 5), Emily Johnston Anderson (3), Janel Laban (6), Phillip Maisel (7), Amanda Johnson (8), Jill Slater (9), Tereasa Surratt (10)