Get ready - with the holidays fast approaching, lots and lots of greeting cards are probably already arriving in your mailbox. They're always heartwarming to receive and display through the season, but then what do you do with them when the holidays have passed? Here are a few ideas:
- Make them into gift tags for next year.
- Clip the relatively blank backs together for grocery lists, to-do lists, or message pads.
- Use them as a stiff-yet-thin paint guard when cutting in on a paint job.
- Cut them into fine little squares of confetti for New Year's Eve.
- Make them into stencils of your house numbers, a wall graphic, use in fabric painting or any other home stenciling project.
- Craft them into small gift boxes.
- Cut them into postcards to send as thank you notes.
- Use them as stiffeners in the mail.
- Use blank sides for matting artwork or photographs on the cheap.
- Make place cards for next year's table.
Image: Chicago Now