What's not to like about rope light? It's cheap, easy to install, and available in energy-efficient LED format. If you're looking for a way to light your kitchen cabinets, add some ambience to a bedroom, or make your own party decorations, it's one of the simplest tools you can use...
- 1) Back-light a headboard to make your bedroom glow. For inspiration, check out Melinda's room.
- 2) Wrap it around a balcony railing to improve the ambience outside, or use it indoors on a stair rail.
- 3) Use it for decorative party lighting. This idea for a Rope Light Pendant Lamp comes from Readymade.
- 4) Light your kitchen counters by installing it under the upper cabinets. For a good how-to, click here.
- 5) Take down your ugly bathroom vanity lights, and use rope lights instead. For a subtle look, wrap them around the bathroom mirror or cabinet, and tuck them beneath the lip, so the mirror appears to be lit from behind.
- 6) Use it to light your artwork. Todd and Nicole backlit a piece of an airplane with rope light, elevating it to wall sculpture.
- 7) Use it to light a dark corner, like a closet or alcove. For ideas on how to install rope light in your closet, read the comments from this post.
RESOURCES FOR ROPE LIGHT
• How to Install Flexible Low-Voltage Rope Lighting from DIY Network
posted originally from: AT:Chicago