Even though the nights and mornings may already call for a light sweater where you are, there's no reason not to celebrate the last few days of summer before the sun truly fades. Here are 5 Ways to Celebrate the End of Summer. Happy long weekend, Re-Nesters!1. Pack a picnic and head outdoors for the afternoon.
- Vintage Woven Picnic Basket
- Hot Tip: Keep Picnic Foods Safe With Unshelled Peanuts
- Eating Outdoors: Everything Your Need For An Eco Picnic!
2. Throw a canning party. There's no better way to preserve the taste of the season than with jams and pickled watermelon rind, right?
- Green Entertaining: Host a Jam Party
- A Short History of Canning
- Pickled Pretty: Canning and Jar Inspiration
- Caning Makes a Comeback
3. Even if you have to bundle-up in sweaters, gather friends for an early September outdoor dinner or even plan a Sunday brunch complete with pancakes and juice.
- Outdoor Living Inspiration: Garden & Patio Dining
- Green Style: Outdoor Dining
- Throwing a Garden Party: Best Eco-Friendly Tips and Tricks
4. Finish up your summer reading.
- Green Home Design Summer Reading List
- Tell Us! What Are You Reading this Summer?
- 7 Books to Read for Sustainable Eating
- Summer Reading: Young Readers Omnivore's Dilemma
5. Head to the farmers' market and pick-up those last tastes of summer: corn, tomatoes, peaches and all your other favorites.