Even if you've got it all (mostly) figured out—from your money to your home to your relationships— it can all feel flat if you can't see your world through rose-colored glasses. Attitude is everything to the balance of your life; without a positive outlook on things, all the work you put in juggling your responsibilities can start to feel like it'll never be enough.
You might know right away if you need to flip your script and find happiness. You should feel ready to jump out of bed each morning, and excited by what the future holds. And you should know how and when to handle the stress or anger that comes along. You can't ever expect to eliminate bad feelings entirely, but someone with a healthy outlook knows that those bad vibes will only be around for a little while.
Find Harmony at Home
In order to bring your life into balance, it can help to see a top-down, bird's-eye view.
If you know your perspective could use a little improvement, try on one of these ideas for making the most of your life.
To find your own happiness....
- Start simple: 10 Simple Things to Make You Happier At Home
- Find happy little by little: Quick Things You Can Do Today to be Happier at Home
- Consult some science: 6 Scientific (Really!) Ways Your Home Can Help With Happiness
- Learn from man's best friend: 3 Lessons Your Dog Can Teach You About Happiness at Home
- Try a tour: Want to Be in a Better Mood? Give a Glowing Home Tour of Your Space
To handle bad vibes...
- Lean in to your crabbiness: 10 Things to Do When You're Home Alone and Feeling Grumpy
- Handle stress: Tricks for Dealing With Unexpected Stress (Without Falling Apart)
- Let it all go: 4 Rituals to Help You Leave Stress Behind When You Walk in the Door
To practice self-love...
- Love your look: How To Change The Way You Think About Your Body
- Surround yourself: Radical Self-Love Goes With Everything: Positivity Promoting Prints
- Take a selfie: Why You Need a Selfie Mirror (For Your Home & Your Health)
- Be the change: Subtle Ways You Can Help Stop Body Shaming Among Friends
To fill your space with positive energy…
- Design and mood upgrades: Help Yourself to a Little Extra Happiness at Home
- Follow suit: 5 Unexpected Things Happy People Have in Their Homes
- Take it from us: Apartment Therapy Editors Share Small Items in a Home That Spark Happiness
- Have some hygge: The Secret to Happiness at Home is Hygge (So, What Does Hygge Mean? And How Can I Get Some?)