"Try a hairstyle that you'll one day regret. I'll get over it." "Have a signature dish, even if it's your only one." " When it comes to shoveling snow, the earlier you start, the easier the job." Words of wisdom for future sons everywhere are beautifully shown with photos in the wonderful Web site, 1001 Rules for My Unborn Son.
With everything from sage, fatherly advice ("When you are a houseguest, be sure to wake up before your hosts.") to something your son's best friend would tell them ("If you are tempted to wear a cowboy hat, resist."), 1001 Rules for My Unborn Son is both touching and humorous.
Advice is posted by the site's author who states, "Let's get some things straight before I get old and uncool" and also submitted by readers. Some of our favorites include:
- After lighting a firecracker, stand back.
- Don't salt your food until you have tasted it.
- Order the local specialty.
- There's nothing wrong with musical theater. (Everything in moderation.)
- Smile at pretty girls.
- Always stop at a lemonade stand. Tip well.
Be sure to check out 1001 Rules for My Unborn Son.