Earlier this month we came across a great list of 101 Things To Do With Your Toddler. Ohdeedoh reader Kendra eagerly read the list but found that her preschooler had already aged out of many of the activities. Kendra was inspired to compile her own list, which includes the following:
- Make music out of kitchen utensils.
- Go to a park without a playground. Take a ball or a bike.
- Let your child cut out "things they love" in a magazine with safety scissors and use them to make a collage. Parenting magazines and magazines specifically for kids are great for this!
- Make a sensory box out of dry rice or beans and a shallow plastic container with a lid. Use funnels, measuring cups, and other containers to play in the box.
- Spray shaving cream on a cookie sheet and write, draw, and sculpt with it.
- Shine a flashlight onto the wall in a dark room and make shadow puppets.
- Hang a prism in the window and watch the rainbows.
- Build a terrarium together.
Feeling inspired already? Check out the complete list at Southern Disposition.
What's on your preschooler to-do list?