Even if you’re not doing the Cure, you might want to consider a facelift for your bathroom. Even small updates can have a big impact on home, and on your mood. Here are 11 fixes; try them and see if they don’t brighten your smallest room and your day.
- Treat your walls to a makeover. Paint may be the cheapest route but be bold and consider trying one of these other options.
- Splurge on new towels. You can refresh them but why not treat yourself to new ones? Sometimes all it takes is a new set in a bright colour to bring life to your bathroom. If you can’t afford to commit to a whole set, start small – hand towels – and build up to a bathsheet. Throw in bathmat while you’re at it. Donate your old towels to an animal shelter and everybody wins.
- It’s curtains for you. In most bathrooms, a curtain has a lot of impact. Try a new one. Or channel your inner Jackson Pollock and make your own using acrylic paint and a clear plastic shower liner. Remember to let any plastic curtains air out in the sun before you hang them.
- Ring, ring. While you’re at it, get new rings. We like the rolling ones. Or try ones that match your bathroom’s theme. Hey, it's your space.
- New faucets. The old one’s driving you crazy with its dripping? If you tried everything, maybe it’s time to consider a change. Yes, they can be expensive but you can also find good and inexpensive fixtures. If you’re handy, you can swap ‘em out yourself
- New bath accessories. Whether you get a matching set or not, new accessories add a finishing touch. If you get a set and can’t use the toothbrush holder for your toothbrush, here’s another use for it.
- New toiletries in great packaging. Soaps, a new hairbrush, great shampoo are all ways to up the luxe factor in your bathroom.
- Deep clean your bathroom. Or spluge on a maid. Use natural products.
- Art in the bathroom. Unexpected and always a treat.
- New hardware. Swapping out your handles and knobs can usually be accomplished in a matter of moments. Or have your old ones replated
- Fresh flowers or plants. Whether a single posy, a bouquet, a lone cactus or a lush hanging vine, flowers and plants add colour and life.
[Image via Living Etc.]