Spring has come sweetly, unexpectedly early this year, and spring means flowers. But bringing flowers into your home doesn't have to mean just plunking them into a single vase and calling it a day. Here are 12 creative ways to re-think the way you display flowers in your house.
1. Use greenery in place of (or in addition to!) flowers — it still has that fresh, natural feel, but lasts much longer.
2. For a really big impact, place some branches in an oversized vase.
3. Or try an oversized vase on the floor for a touch of the unexpected. (Not recommended for those with children or pets.)
4. Create a grouping of multiple vases to add depth and interest.
5. Hang flowers from the ceiling! Try this DIY from Paper & Stitch.
6. Tulips look lovely in long, tall vases.
7. Or try this idea from Pro Flowers: layer tulips on their side in a fish bowl.
8. Place a few blooms in a pretty tea cup.
9. Stack two vases inside each other, and fill the outer one with lemon slices for a cheerful accent. Full DIY from Cosmopolitan.
10. Make this DIY test tube flower display from Burkatron.
11. Float a single bloom inside a stemless wine glass.
12. In place of a bouquet, display a bunch of flowers in a vintage bottle crate. No arranging required!
(Image credits: The Jungalow; Lonny; The Style Files; Desire to Inspire; Paper & Stitch; Style Me Pretty; Pro Flowers; Cosmopolitan; Burkatron; Starfish Sushi; Wedding Chicks)