I always love finding new uses for old tools so when I came across an unused paintbrush at my desk the other day, I started brainstorming other ways I could use this handy tool. Turns out, many of these tasks seem tailor made for the multi-tasking paintbrush. Have you tried any of these?
- Brush crumbs out from between the keys of your keyboard.
- Dust the leaves of a large plant.
- Moisten envelope glue if you're doing a marathon mailing.
- Baste a turkey.
- Apply an even layer of oil to a baking sheet or an egg wash to bread.
- Sweep coffee particles out of your coffee grinder.
- Get dry shampoo right next to your scalp (and not in your hair).
- Sweep up dry spills like rice or buttons.
- Poke the bristles through a mesh strainer or colander to release stuck particles.
- Gently apply craft finishes like gold leaf — paintbrushes give the perfect amount of light pressure.
- Easily brush cobwebs out of corners.
- Add rustic texture to frosting on a layer cake.
Well, what about you? Have you found yourself reaching for a paintbrush to do a job that's unexpected? Tell us about it!