Every parent has those days where there is an unscaleable mountain of housework to tackle, and seemingly no kid-free time in which to get it done. What to do? Well, don't despair. In those few minutes when they are huddled around a kitchen table eating Goldfish and Cheez-Its, here are 10 tiny tidying tasks you can do to feel like you've at least accomplished something today.
1. Put away the clean dishes. Super easy.
2. Rinse and stack the dirty dishes neatly. At least they'll be ready to go with no hard, stuck-on gunk when you get a little more time.
3. Clear the kitchen table and wipe it down. Nothing feels better in messy-ville than seeing a big, open, tidy space.
4. Clean out the crisper. Its seems crazy, but you know it's overdue!
5. Wipe down the exterior of the refrigerator. Even better, if it's with something natural and lovely smelling.
6. Start a shopping list for your next grocery run. Think in advance about what you'll need so there's no need for scrambling to do it as you're heading to the store.
7. Change the water in your bunch of flowers. Or, if there are none, make sure you add them to next week's shopping list. :-)
8. Sort through your mail. Grab it from the entryway and deal with it over a few shared kid's crackers.
9. Sweep the kitchen. Make sure they've just about finished that crunchy, crumbly snack before you attempt this one.
10. Forget tidying, make yourself a cup of tea. Because, let's face it, a tidy, stress-free mind is important too.
No reason to do everything, but you'll be surprised how choosing just one or two things off this list might kickstart your super tidying day!
What do you do when your kids are snacking? Leave your super-fast tidying-up task suggestions below!