In small homes, the bathroom in particular can be really pressed for space. I know that in my own small house (not as tiny as my old apartment, but well under the average size in my city), it's difficult coming up with enough wall space for towel bars. We have hooks and bars on the back of the door, but I'm always looking for alternatives since that's not ideal. One solution I'm eyeing is the 12-inch towel bar:
With most bathroom accessory lines offering plenty of 18-, 24-, and 30-inch towel bars, it's a little tougher to come by a compact 12-inch version. Towel rings do the trick for hand towels, but if you prefer bars or even want a small one for a bath towel, it can take some scouring. Here are a few collections I've come across that look good and do the job at 12 inches:
- Hansgrohe PuraVida, $72 at Amazon
- Gedy Seventy Collection, $36 at The Bathroom Outlet
- Ginger Hotelier, $36 at Home Perfect
- Hansgrohe C, $112 at Home Perfect
- Ginger Columnar - this one comes in at only 9" wide and has a shelf, too! $249 at Ginger Co.