As the weather cools down, the urge is to spend a few more weekend mornings cozied up under the covers. So why not refresh your bedroom with a warm wood headboard? Here are some creative and rustic headboards you can buy or DIY.
Wood is so versatile and often it just looks better with age. While you can work with its natural color palette, you can also stain it or paint it to make it your own. What I love in many of these examples is how the wood's natural elements are used in creative ways to create pattern and design.
1. Add some playfulness to a room by adding some painted lines or head to Urban Outfitters to purchase this one.
2.Make a statement with type, spotted on Rue Vintage 74 (in Spanish).
3. Create a chevron pattern mixing & matching different shades of wood like this headboard by Embedded USA on Etsy.
4. If you're really ambitious and like a good DIY challenge you can create this stunning scallop statement wall as your headboard. Full tutorial on Classy Clutter.
5. Keep some old doors out of the landfill by using them as a headboard, spotted on Dreamy Whites.
6. Repurpose some beautifully weathered wood for a simple and clean look with a little handwritten touch. Full DIY tutorial on Design Sponge.
7. If you have a cabin or like the really rustic look, try this DIY round wood headboard project by The White Buffalo Styling co.
8. Create a checkered style pattern like this headboard featured on Better Homes & Gardens.
9. Use reclaimed wood and bring your headboard all the way to the ceiling for a dramatic and interesting look, full tutorial on The Rooster & the Hen.
10. Create some contrasting stripes by playing with the natural coloring of the wood, full tutorial on Camille Styles.
11. Get crafty with some paint and tape to create a geometric pattern or pick up this headboard from Urban Outfitters.
12. A few cuts at the right angle can create a simple but beautiful design element on your headboard like this one available by Clear Path Imports on Etsy.