It's easy to get sucked into all the retail hype around kids' products and toys. Parents want to provide a safe and well rounded environment, but maybe you don't need all that stuff. Money blog Mint rounded up 15 items they think you can do without. Topping their list: baby gates!
Yes, there will always be things that work just fine for some families and not for others. But the bottom line is use what increases your family's quality of life. Sometimes extra stuff takes away from that, other times it encourages it. Check out part of Mint's list below and their reasoning for making the list (paraphrased):
• Baby Videos: Mesmerizing doesn't equal educational.
• Baby Gates: It's cheaper if you buy the ones intended for pets.
• Convertible Cribs: Many are too big for a child's room.
• Bed In A Bag: You don't need all the stuff they sell.
• Infrared Baby Monitors: Regular monitors work just fine.
Want to see their full list? Find it at Mint .