We spend so much time in the kitchen. We spend so much time on our kitchens. The last thing you want to plonk in that space is a great big hunk of rainforest-themed plastic! Here are some high chairs that are good looking and long wearing, that you will use many kids over and never tire of seeing (and wiping down) day in, day out.
1. Svan Signet's High Chair. A customizable chair with optional seat cover, wrap around bentwood bucket seat. Like the Tripp Trapp, this chair can grow with your child.
2. Ovo By Micuna. This thing is just gorgeous. The Eames DFAW chair of high chairs.
3. The Stokke Tripp Trapp. A classic. Adjustable for use from infancy to adulthood. Available in a rainbow's worth of color options.
4. The Rinki. Pops up for a high chair and down for a stool! How neat is that!
5. The Tavo High Chair. With a wipe-able bonded leather seat (in white, brown or black) and solid wood construction, this chair is luxe, and made to last.
6. IKEA's Blames High Chair. For a pop of color without the price tag of the Tripp Trapp, check out the Blames. In red or black.
7. The Carota High Chair. Fun! The baby guard can later be removed to form a tall chair for older kids.
8. Stokke Steps. The lesser known sibling of the Tripp Trapp, but just as pretty. A padded oval shaped seat can also be bought and fitted into the Step to invite even the youngest baby to join in with the family meal fun.
9. Baby Bjorn's High Chair. Folds flat for small space kitchens. In red or white.
10. Restaurant-Style High Chairs. The "why didn't I think of that?" option - a number of AT readers use these in their homes as a low-cost, solid wood highchair that can sit snug against their dining table.
11. Bloom Baby's Nano Urban High Chair. A little more like what you would regularly expect from a high chair, but with a nod to minimalism all the same. Folds flat like the Baby Bjorn chair for easy storage, and has a leather seat option, too.
12. IKEA's Antilop High Chair. There's a reason we see this high chair everywhere. It's simple, clean design and exceptionally low price tag ($24.99 in the US) makes it perfect for a design loving parent on a budget.
13. The Droog. Crazy but true: you saw the legs off this high-chair at pre-marked notches as your baby grows.
14. The Onni High Chair. Could it get any simpler than this? Pop the baby in and pull her right up to you with this clever design from Finland.
15. Bambini High Chair. Quite possibly the only high chair in the world that is also a rocking horse! Comes in five colors.