There's more holiday decor options than ever out there. But if you want to be unique, create a new tradition or spend some quality time crafting with friends and family, consider some handmade ornaments for your tree. While a traditional color palette is always in style, here are some bright and modern DIY ornament options for the color enthusiast:
These ornaments will look great on any tree, but will really pop on the white trees that are making a comeback this season. Get some colorful gift wrap to match and you'll have the most cheerful Christmas corner around.
1. Geometric paper stars & other ornaments. Templates from Minieco.
2. Large Pom Pom ornament by Northstory.
3. Cute & colorful acorn ornaments, spotted on Say Yes.
4. Simple yarn & cardboard ornaments, from Snap Creativity.
5. Add some colorful pom poms to pinecones like these ones from Dig This Chick.
6. Fun & easy 2D geometric jewel-like ornaments from Mr. Printable.
7. Sweet sprinkle filled ornaments, spotted on Gimme Some Oven.
8. Modern vintage inspired 3D paper ornaments from Cool Mom Picks.
9. Color dipped faux aluminum ornaments, tutorial on the DIY Network.
10. Upcycled sweater hoop ornament, featured on Country Living.
11. These gold & paper geometric ornaments were found on my own tree last year. Full tutorial & template on The Sweet Escape.
12. Fun felt ornaments by The Purl Bee.
13. Paper lantern ornaments, spotted on Chiaki Creates.
14. Simple but pretty felt hoop ornaments featured by Better Homes & Gardens.
15. Colorful yarn covered ornaments, tutorial by Funnel Cloud.