How's your outdoor space coming along? Depending on where you live, you may have the luxury of an all-year outdoor space. If not, your outdoor space, like mine, may have taken a beating over the winter and could use a little pick me up. Whatever the case may be, if you're looking for a little refresh or to add some cheerful pops of color without spending a bunch of cash, a little paint can go a long way. Here are 15 DIY Ways to add color to your outdoor space with a little paint.
1 & 2. Turn some plain old cinder blocks into planters with a colorful geometric look, like these by Hello Shawna and Modernly Wed.
3. This painted wood panel bench project by Artisto Craft is a great way to use some leftover colors you (or your friends) have hanging around to create a colorful seat.
4 & 5. A little painter's tape and some strategically placed lines will make a simple piece of furniture into something stylish, like this picnic table by So Lovely and these chairs by Honestly WTF.
6. Some bold colors with geometric pops of gold turn this mismatched bunch of old planters into a fresh new crop ready for the summer. One of my own past favorite projects from my blog, The Sweet Escape.
7. Turn plain brown outdoor rugs into super fun and bright striped pieces with some spray paint and lots of painter's tape, as seen on Design Improvised.
8. They don't make it like they used to! Give an old clunky piece of metal outdoor furniture a whole new life with a fresh coat of bold color, like this beautiful red chair by Addicted 2 DIY.
9. This neon planter from a past Apartment Therapy product roundup is great inspiration for adding some color by giving a simple plant stand a coat of your favorite hue.
10. Don't forget about what's under your feet. Adding some stratigcally placed colorfully painted patio stones can add a beautiful feature to your outdoor space, like these random colored tiles from A Beautiful Mess.
11. Get artistic and hand paint some simple white planters, similar to these from Hunt & Bow.
12. Take inspiration from these painted rock magnets by Alisa Burke and do the same to some larger stones around your garden or outdoor space.
13 & 14. Let out your inner artist out and paint some color on your blah outdoor cement walls for something beautiful for your guests to look at. Be inspired by the stripes of colors found in this Apartment Therapy Home Tour or the wall art of Nuria Mora via PoppyTalk.
15. Add a few stripes of color to a plain wood planter box that you make or buy, spotted on Zelo Photo Blog.