We're looking forward to a road trip with friends this week to Las Vegas. And while we expect the journey to be fun, road trips catch a bad rap for sometimes being cramped and overcrowded. If you're anything like us, we always like to take snacks and things to keep us occupied, so the car tends to fill up rather quickly...
- We saw this great tip on Martha Stewart's website--use a canvas shoe bag to keep trip items organized. She cuts off the bottom half of a shoe organizer and mends the bottom to keep the look neat. Hanging over the driver's seat, backseat passengers can access items easily. It's a great use of vertical space which prevents belongings from clogging up your personal area.
- This tip is for travelers who want to keep souvenirs but don't have the time or patience to create a scrapbook of mementos. Martha suggests packing a single hole punch--they're small so they won't take up any room. During your trip, each time you collect a memento, punch a hole in the item and place on a loose leaf ring. When you get home, memories of your trip will already be organized. To make the project complete, label the front with a decorative label.
- Tips On How To Handle Long Trips?
- 10 Tips For Taking Great Travel Photos To Frame At Home
- Travel Tips: Doing Research Before Going Abroad