I have this rule about gifts: I won't allow myself to use the gift at all until I've dropped a thank you note in the mail. It keeps me accountable for writing those all-important notes of gratitude, and it usually gives me a little extra push to get them done fast. The other part of being an efficient thanker? Always have a beautiful card on hand ready to send.
Once you've got the cards and the gift, all that's left to do is find a stamp and get writing. If you're the type to get writer's block, remember this easy formula: Thank the giver for the specific gift, then tell them why you like it and how you're going to use it. See? Easy!
Now all you need is one of these gorgeous note cards from some of our favorite stationers and letterpress studios:
- Woodland Thank You Greeting Card, $4.50 or 8 for $16, Rifle Paper Co.
- Merci Hearts Thank You Greeting Card, $4.50 or8 for $18, Rifle Paper Co.
- Telegram Thank You Card, $4, Oblation Papers
- Frank Lloyd Wright Card, $4.50, Greenwich Letterpress
- Thank You Spiral, $5, Two Trick Pony
- Letterpress Thank You Flags, 6 for $18, Bears Eat Berries
- Ink and Blots Thank You Card, $4.50, Quill and Fox
- Sincerely Thank You Card, $4.50, Quill and Fox
- Brush Gracias Thank You Cards, 6 for $16, Anemone Letterpress
- Kraft Scratchy Thank You, 6 for $20, Sugar Paper
- Thank You Script Letterpess Card, $4.50, Parrot Design Studio
- Blue Geometric Thank You Card,$4.50, 1 Canoe 2
- Kindly Thank You, $5, Sideshow Press
- Merci Beaucoup Badge, $5.50, Hammer Press
- Boatload of Thanks, $4.50, Hammer Press
- You're a Peach!, $5 or 6 for $16, Hello Lucky!
- Thank You Hearts, $3.95, Honizukle
- Thanks Languages, $3.95, Honizukle
- Tortoise Print TY Cards, $7.48 for 12, Papyrus
- I'm Forever Indebted, $5.95, Papyrus