Sunset Throw from West Elm ($49)
Last night I read a book by my living room window. No air conditioning. No fans. No ice-filled drink. Just damp, campfire scented autumn air, my favorite blanket, a book, and a cat. It was, quite simply, blissful. If you're in the market for a new favorite throw to cozy up with on the cool nights ahead, check out this blanket round up. I'm quite confident all of these blankets will pair wonderfully with fuzzy slippers, trashy novels, salty potato chips, and a cat.
10 to Buy
1. Sunset Throw from West Elm.
2. Handmade Afghan in "Bone" from TG Knits.
3. Braided Chenille Throw from Restoration Hardware.
4. Eco-Wise Lambswool Throw from Pendleton.
5. Pure Cashmere Throw from The Cashmere Boutique.
6. Ofelia Throw from IKEA.
7. Turquoise & Brown Afghan Throw from Snugable Touches.
8. Microplush Collection from Target.
9. Luxury Chenille Stripe Throw from Overstock.
10. Merino Wool Blanket from The Vermont Country Store.
10 to DIY
11. Dover Road pattern and instructions from Free Patterns.
12. Herringbone Striped Afghan pattern from Fave Crafts.
13. Amy's "Original Gypsy Caravan Fat Quarters Quilt" pattern from Amy Butler Design.
14. Leaf Pattern for Afghan from Free Vintage Knitting.
15. Lewis pattern for knitted blanket from Berroco.
16. No-Sew fleece blanket instructions from The Girl Inspired and how-to video from Instructables.
17. Wild with Color crochet pattern from Free-Crochet.
18. Autumn Leaves afghan pattern from Fave Crafts.
19. Sand & Sea crochet pattern from Free-Crochet.
20. For the wild and adventurous crafter or Snuggie fans among us, a make-your-own Snuggie pattern,from Instructables.
(Images: As linked above)