It's quite a blessing that there are so many creative and innovative ways to store things in the kitchen. With a fresh take and a will to repurpose, you can create an eclectic, functional kitchen space with a variety of different elements—some of which you never thought would end up in the kitchen!
So, what kinds of things can be reused for kitchen storage?
For utensil storage:
For a kitchen island:
- A dresser as a kitchen island
- A salvaged industrial table
- A Lego sculpture
- File cabinets and a butcher block
- A library card catalog
- More dressers!
- An antique woodworker's table
- A lab bench
For dishes, pots and pans:
For everything else:
- Vintage Airline Food Carts
- Card catalog drawer
- An IKEA white EXPEDIT-like bookshelf
- Test tubes for spices
(Images: as linked. Originally published 2010-03-05)