The twenty chairs were auctioned off with the proceeds donated to the non-profit foundation ONEXONE, which is committed to supporting, preserving and improving the lives of children at home in the U.S., Canada, Haiti and Africa. Last year at IDS11, twenty designers reworked the Vitra Pantone Chair, much to the horror of many Apartment Therapy readers (see last year's post 20 Ways to Change a Classic Vitra Pantone Chair). Do you think the Magis Chairs Redesigns are more successful this year?
Shown in the Images:
1. Donna Karan for Hearts for Haiti by Urban Zen; Canine12 by YabuPushelberg; Julian Deconstructed by Michelle Mawby for Lucid Interior Design Inc.
2. Inhabit by Bruce Mai Design; The ONEXONE KiddieBank by Kerr Smith; by Jenuine Julien Giannone Petricone Associates
3. A New Accessory for "Dot" by Alfred Sung; Painted Dog with Accessories by Debbie Travis
4. Julian Gets Brite by Kelly Cray, Neil Jonsohnm, Margaret Stagg and Sarah Gatenby for Union31
5. PowerPup by Todd Wood for BlackBerry
6. Mr. Pots by Arren Williams for Hudson Bay Company
7. Cleo by Arthur Mendonca; Diamond Dixon Dog by dixon house; Frosty Paws by Burdifilek
8. Stay Brutus, stay! made of concrete, walnut and ebony and weighing over 100 pounds by Hariri Pontarini Architects
9. Catwalk by Joe Mimran for Joe Fresh
10. Fuzzee Wuzzee by AKB; Julian Armour Chair by Clayton Budd Projects
Images: Rachael Grad