It's been rather cold up here in Canada (though I hear the US is getting hit pretty hard these days too, good luck everyone!). Can you say "I'm not going to go sledding in sub-zero temps!"? Me too!
Here's what my kids have been asking for and doing the past few weeks to stay busy and entertained at home. It's a good list to draw on for inspiration for your own kids, and, please add your own ideas in the comments!
1. Teach the kids to finger knit (shown above, via Flax and Twine).
2. Learn to juggle.
3. Bake bread.
4. Make up a treasure hunt through the house.
5. Have a dance party.
6. Put on Michael Jackson videos and learn the moves.
7. Jam with pots and pans (or actual instruments if you've got them!).
8. Do yoga.
9. Play live Angry Birds with cardboard boxes and plush toys.
10. Play hopscotch on bubble wrap.
11. Make a spy obstacle with crepe paper, tape or string.
12. Make an obstacle course with pillows or other home objects.
13. Play Twister.
14. Twig weaving.
15. Make slime.
17. Make up a song (record it if you can, even if it's just on your phone).
18. Shoot a homemade movie.
19. Play boardgames.
20. Have the kids redecorate their rooms.