There are regular chores and then there is, ya know, that other stuff. Those tasks that aren't really day-to-day cleaning but still need to be done. When you come across them during your daily routine, you've surely said, "I'll get back to that later". Well baby, it's cold outside and you have nothing to do but watch Firefly on Hulu, so why not tackle these 20 things too? Some of the best improvements we can make are in the small details of our home. The problem? Our busy schedules and all-go days don't leave us with much time to tackle them. If you find yourself with a chilly weekend and some downtime, or even a plain old Tuesday night, here's a few ideas to take on that will make your home a little more organized and clean.
1. Organize your kitchen drawers
2. Clean your remote control and phone buttons with a cotton swab
3. Organize take out menus and update your phone with favorites
4. Clean your humidifiers
5. Lint roll all winter outerwear
6. Clean your makeup and hair brushes
7. Downsize movie and music collections
8. Clean the inside of your washing machine and dishwasher
9. Alphabetize your DVD collection
10. Restock your home office area with fun things
11. Sort your junk drawer
12. Shred old mail (you know you have a pile of it!)
13. Polish your silver
14. Wash your pillow covers and clean under the cushions in your sofa
15. Make an updated holiday card list for next year
16. Self-clean your oven (or do it by hand)
17. Clean under the kitchen sink
18. Polish and clean your shoes.
19. Untangle and organize your jewelry
20. Make a list of family and friend's birthdays for the year (facebook helps)
Do you have any small tasks you do during tv or movie marathons when the weather is drab? Do you clean your refrigerator? Wash your light fixtures? Share your tidy tidbits in the comments below!
(Image: Sarah Rae Trover, Kathleen Luttschyn, Kimberly Watson, Emma Christensen, Beth Zeigler)