Here are the first 10 ideas on how to get your kitchen looking move-on-ready according to Charles & Hudson:
* When showing your home, turn on all the lights in the kitchen
* Clean the windows inside and out as well as window treatments if necessary
* Declutter your counters. I'll say it again. Declutter your counters!
* Clean and organize the interiors of your cabinets - people will look inside
* Pay particular attention to organizing a food/pantry cabinet - this can look surprisingly good if shapes and sizes are arranged well
* Clean your floors
* Do touch ups wherever you can - walls, floors, cabinets, etc.
* Declutter your collections. Again...declutter your collections!
* After decluttering counters and collections, take a fresh look and add in a very few items if desired. Those items should be proportionate to the space. Do not put a small item on top of cabinets, use a larger item for better balance and proportion
* Make sure your picture(s) of the kitchen includes a wide angle shot and the kitchen is neat and decluttered
Photo by lilcourt via Flickr.