There are all sorts of ways to get your game on outside (without hitting on the neighborhood mail carrier) and we've listed 20 of our favorites below. There's everything from old school sack races and Red Rover to a few that might be new to you! Molkky anyone?1. Horseshoes: This is our favorite outdoor game and can be played in wide open yards or small spaces (depending on how great your aim is).
2. Bocce Ball: A cult favorite around the world, bocce is a backyard staple.
3. Tetherball: Just like being a kid on the schoolyard, tetherball is still a blast to play.
4. Washers/Bean Bag Toss: These games can be purchased or handmade from a few pieces of wood and washers from the garage.
5. Cowboy Golf/Ladder Golf: This game has spread like wildfire across the country in recent years and is oddly addictive.
6. Badmitton: There's something about a large net and a little birdie and people running around to swat at things randomly that's highly entertaining and addictive.
7. Volleyball: You might have a beach or backyard net, but no matter your skill level most people can find their way around the court.
8. Frisbee/Golf: Tossing around a Frisbee is a fun way to kill time and doesn't require a lot of gear to enjoy your time. Try adding these portable hoops for a portable Frisbee golf game.
9. Catch: Two gloves, one baseball and a warm summer afternoon make for great memories.
10. Tunnel Tag: Although this is usually reserved for kids, Freeze Tag and a few adults is a whole new world of fun. Add adult beverages or giggle without them, but watching grownups crawl in the ground to release a friend is a great ice breaker.
11. Hide and Seek: Perfect for all ages, stay small or use the whole neighborhood!
12. Ice Block Sledding: Although you might have to do some calling around to find block ice, it's worth your time to secure a few. When coupled with a large hill, you have yourself some chilly fun!
13. Water Balloon Fight: Although it takes a bit of preparation beforehand, there aren't many who are afraid to hurl a few against a friend.
14. Croquet: It's the refined man's mini golf, but croquet is fun strictly based on the mini mallets!
15. Basketball: Horse/Around The World: There aren't many who don't have at least one memory of shooting hoops. Even if you don't have a pole, a bottomless milk crate screwed to the side of a building works just as well!
16. Sack Race: You can use large sacks from bulk rice purchases or grab a few pillow cases from the closet, but they make for instant good times. For added nostalgia, follow up with a 3-legged race.
17. Wooden Molkky: This game was new to us, but we found it with great reviews.
18. Kick Ball: Even though you might have to track down a cul-de-sac or open street, it's a great game, no matter how many people or age groups you're entertaining.
19. Red Rover: Does it really get any better than red rover? Hand holding, people catching and chanting?
20. Soccer: We've mentioned most of the other outdoor sports and with the World Cup going on right now, it seems like the first choice for many. Just kick it around or make a few makeshift goals!
Do you have one to add to the list? Let us know below!