1. Horseshoes: This is our favorite outdoor game and can be played in wide open yards or small spaces (depending on how great your aim is).
2. Bocce Ball: A cult favorite around the world, bocce is a backyard staple.
3. Tetherball: Just like being a kid on the schoolyard, tetherball is still a blast to play.
4. Washers/Bean Bag Toss: These games can be purchased or handmade from a few pieces of wood and washers from the garage.
5. Cowboy Golf/Ladder Golf: This game has spread like wildfire across the country in recent years and is oddly addictive.
6. Badmitton: There's something about a large net and a little birdie and people running around to swat at things randomly that's highly entertaining and addictive.
7. Volleyball: You might have a beach or backyard net, but no matter your skill level most people can find their way around the court.
8. Frisbee/Golf: Tossing around a Frisbee is a fun way to kill time and doesn't require a lot of gear to enjoy your time. Try adding these portable hoops for a portable Frisbee golf game.
9. Catch: Two gloves, one baseball and a warm summer afternoon make for great memories.
10. Tunnel Tag: Although this is usually reserved for kids, Freeze Tag and a few adults is a whole new world of fun. Add adult beverages or giggle without them, but watching grownups crawl in the ground to release a friend is a great ice breaker.
11. Hide and Seek: Perfect for all ages, stay small or use the whole neighborhood!
12. Ice Block Sledding: Although you might have to do some calling around to find block ice, it's worth your time to secure a few. When coupled with a large hill, you have yourself some chilly fun!
13. Water Balloon Fight: Although it takes a bit of preparation beforehand, there aren't many who are afraid to hurl a few against a friend.
14. Croquet: It's the refined man's mini golf, but croquet is fun strictly based on the mini mallets!
15. Basketball: Horse/Around The World: There aren't many who don't have at least one memory of shooting hoops. Even if you don't have a pole, a bottomless milk crate screwed to the side of a building works just as well!
16. Sack Race: You can use large sacks from bulk rice purchases or grab a few pillow cases from the closet, but they make for instant good times. For added nostalgia, follow up with a 3-legged race.
17. Wooden Molkky: This game was new to us, but we found it with great reviews.
18. Kick Ball: Even though you might have to track down a cul-de-sac or open street, it's a great game, no matter how many people or age groups you're entertaining.
19. Red Rover: Does it really get any better than red rover? Hand holding, people catching and chanting?
20. Soccer: We've mentioned most of the other outdoor sports and with the World Cup going on right now, it seems like the first choice for many. Just kick it around or make a few makeshift goals!
Do you have one to add to the list? Let us know below!