Over at the Low Impact Living blog, they've posted a very helpful list of green tax credits you can claim in 2009. Credits apply to the purchase of some Energy Star mechanical systems, windows, and insulation including...
posted originally from: AT:Chicago
• Up to $150 for some Energy Star furnaces/boilers
• Up to $200 for all Energy Star windows
• Up to $300 for some Energy Star heat pumps and central AC
• Up to $500 for insulation and sealing that meets model building code
• Up to $3,150 for the purchase of a hybrid car or SUV
The federal limit in tax credits for home improvements is $500. For the entire list from Low Impact Living and Green Building Elements, click here. More information on state tax credits can be found at the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency.
Photo: Insulated roof from the green renovation of a Portland Rummer on Re-Nest