Think this article looks familiar? July's Top 10 Green Building Products for 2009 was a list compiled by Sustainable Industries. See how Building Green's Top 10 list (8 years running) stacks up.
Interestingly enough, not a single product overlaps between the two lists. Be sure to check out 2009 BuildingGreen.com's Top 10 Products AND Top 10 Green Building Products for 2009 by Sustainable Industries.
- Pozzotive Plus CMUs and Concrete Brick from Kingston Block: Concrete facing bricks manufactured using up to 30% post-consumer recycled glass as a portland cement substitute and an average of 50% post-consumer recycled masonry aggregate from local sources in the Northeast.
- Thermafiber Mineral Wool Insulation Products: Mineral-fiber insulation products from pre-consumer recycled iron-ore slag for commercial and residential thermal, sound attenuation, and fire-resistant construction applications
- Invelope Integrated Wall Insulation and Rainscreen System: Invelope provides a moisture and vapor barrier, drainage plane, and insulation—as well as a mounting system for brick veneer or terra cotta cladding—all in one panel system.
- Baltix Recycled- and Biobased-Content Office Furniture: Baltix's furniture is made with a wide range of green materials, including sunflower seed hulls, wheat straw, FSC-certified bamboo, FSC-certified MDF and veneers, and recycled plastics and paper.
- Project FROG Modular Green Classroom: FROG designs and custom-fabricates modular classrooms and other commercial buildings that feature high-performance envelopes, natural daylighting, high-efficiency mechanical systems, healthy materials, and green components.
- Rheem HP-50 Heat-Pump Water Heater: A heat-pump water heater with an integral 50-gallon tank.
- Convia Energy-Management Infrastructure
- Pentadyne GTX Flywheel Energy Storage
- Silva Cell Subsurface Tree Protection and Stormwater System
- Mobile Solar Power Generator