We have heard many a green idea in the past year. Green is the new black and saving the earth is the new.... well that's always been chic. We have a quick refresher of 25 things you may or may not have thought of to save some cash this year while helping out the environment. Click through to see our favorites and the full list!
We picked our top five favorites of things that we are already doing and would like to keep on with for the 2009 year. You can read the full article from The San Francisco Chronicle to see all 25!
1. The single largest impact you can have as an individual is to drive less by car-pooling, biking, walking, or using public transit.
9. Buy only what you'll eat. Agriculture is a major contributor to greenhouse gases, and Americans waste at least 20 percent of their food.
16. Wash only full loads of laundry and use natural detergent. Using the cold cycle can reduce your electricity use by 90 percent.
21. Use paperless bill-paying for all of your bills, and ask about paperless direct deposit stubs at your place of work.
25. Travel ready! Carry a portable mug for coffee stops and canvas or recycled-plastic bags to do grocery shopping.
Photo via The San Francisco Chronicle by Liz Hafalia.