We have written about a few of these ideas before, like sweater chairs and glass food containers, but there are many more simple green ideas you can easily incorporate into your home for a little eco-chic decor...Whole Living has a great go-to list:
- Mixed Glass Centerpiece: Vintage bottles and jars make a great grouping on a tray filled with leaves and flowers.
- Sweater Seats: take that favorite old knit sweater and turn it into a cozy seat cover!
- Rustic Candles: Melt down the stubs of old candles in rustic flower pots to make new ones.
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloths: Our favorite. The best way to dust.
- Soap Bottle: Buy cleaners in bulk if you can, or else make your own, and store them in a reusable glass bottle or a leftover condiment container.
- Cork Trivet: A great way to reuse corks from your wine bottles.
- Oxford Napkins: Similar to repurposing your old sweaters into seat covers, turn your worn oxford and flannel shirts into napkins.
- Supply Tins: Save your Altoid containers to hold supplies like paper clips or stamps.
- Natural Aromatherapy: Hang some eucalyptus from your shower rod. Not only will it bring a fresh sprig of green to your bathroom, but it'll help clear your head.
Check out all 25 tips at Whole Living.
Do you have any favorite green decorating tips/tricks/ideas?
(Images: Whole Living)