We love carrying our iPad around town, but we do not love feeling like a thief magnet. There are cases that scream, "this is a $700 device!" and others that allow you to carry your device a bit more stealthily. Being big fans of "taking a bite out of crime," we present to you three different options for creating your own case to carry your tablet in on the DL.
3 Great Stealth Tablet Case DIY Projects :
1) Book Recycling = Sneaky Case: Follow Instructables user Tewharau's instructions to create your own hidden tablet case from an old decommissioned library book.
2) Moleskine Inspired Case: Love the look of the DODO and Pad & Quill cases but are on a budget? Create your own similar looking case by following Brandon from Modern Day Pirates step by step instructions.
3) The Old Book Case: This DIY project is the brainchild of David Hsu who used balsa and bass wood, fiberboard, neoprene, cork, and cloth to construct the sleek and stealthy case. Don't want to go the DIY route? David sells these on Etsy for $50 - $60.
More tablet case fun from the Unplggd archives:
- iPad 2 Cases We've Run Through Their Paces
- 10 Handmade Tablet Cases & Sleeves From Etsy
- iPad Cases for the Gentleman
What's a great stealthy tablet case that you've seen?
(Image credit as linked above)