There's still a little time left this season to get in some good sledding. But what if you don't have a good sled, and you don't want one of those cheap, plastic things hanging around? Of course, what you do is... you DIY it. Check out these three tutorials for some inspiration!The posters who made these beauties get extra points for repurposing and for clever design. Old skis seem to be the way to go if you are looking to upcycle and set a speed record.
• DIY Snow Sled from Built By Kids is made from old skis and a wheelbarrow.
• This Homemade "World's Best Sled" from Out Your Backdoor uses skis as well, under a cheap plastic sled outfitted with foam padding.
• The Homemade Sled from Living the Frugal Life puts a tire on top of the skis.
Have you DIYed a snow sled? Let us know about it!
(Images: as credited above)
MORE SNOW FUN ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Life at Home: Ways To Enjoy a Grown-Up "Snow Day" Anytime
• Snow Day: Wolfgang Sirch's Peak Snow Sled
• Inspired Snow Art: Alternatives To Snowmen