olive oil, citrus fruit, coconut oil, and Kool-Aid and now here's another handy cleaner: Cream of Tartar.
- Stainless steel: Mix it with a bit of water to polish small stainless steel appliances, from your coffeemaker to your toaster.
- Scratched Dishes: Make a paste using water and rub it on scuffed dishes to remove the scratches.
- Aluminum Pans: Make a paste with either water or hydrogen peroxide to clean stained aluminum pans.
- Copper: Mix it with lemon juice to clean and polish copper kettles.
- Fireplaces: Follow the instructions in this handy post and clean your fireplace with just cream of tartar, water, and a nail brush.
- Laundry: Whiten dingy whites by washing normally, then soaking overnight in a mix of 1 teaspoon cream of tartar for every quart of water. You can also mix 2 teaspoons cream of tartar with a 1 teaspoon of glycerin in a spray bottle and spot treat to remove stains.
- Bathtub ring: Make a thick paste of cream of tartar and hydrogen peroxide and apply it to the bathtub ring. Let it dry, wipe it off, and rinse.