1. A light, airy space and simple white furnishings allow this pattern to shine. Skona Hem via From the Right Bank.
2. The cowhide rug and bit of animal print are a little more daring — the mostly unadorned white walls provide a nice balance. David Report via Apartment Therapy.
3. The patterned sofa that started it all for me. I love the idea of a traditional sofa updated with a really bold, graphic print. The rest of the room is quirky enough, but in neutral colors that don't compete with the pattern. Domino Magazine via Apartment Therapy.
4. This living room from Lonny plays it safe with neutral colors; the hint of malachite in the room beyond keeps things from getting too boring.
5. A restrained palette allows this bold black and white sofa, seen in an interior from Skona Hem, to take center stage.
1. Red, white, blue and black is bold and sophisticated in this interior from Lonny.
2. The bold blue in this living room from Design*Sponge works because it picks up on a hint of blue in the pattern.
3. Bold and blue from House to Home.
4. Green, green, green — you might not quite say it matches, but somehow it works. From Jason & John's Hyper Saturated Home.
5. Neutrals with a splash of yellow, from Dwell Studio.
Go for broke.
Sometimes, way too much is exactly what you need.
Ready to take the plunge? We've rounded up 10 of our favorite boldly patterned sofas here.
(Images: as credited above)