This has been a busy month for us as we dug into green building and renovating ideas, tips, and materials— from money-saving improvements you can do for your rental to building with phase change materials; from how to refurbish a vintage stove to 5 eco-friendly caulk options. As we round out the month, here are the top 30 building and renovation posts you might have missed!
On Building and Renovating:
- Is it Worth it? A Payback Calculator for Insulation Retrofits
- The Great Green Reader Renovation Roundup
- Suggested Reading: 3 Books on Green Construction
- Green Home Renovations: The Most Helpful Resources
- Samuel Mockbee: Master of Reuse
- 5 Money-Saving Green Improvements for your Rental
- How To Refurbish a Vintage Stove in 5 Easy Steps
- How To Calculate the Amount of Paint Needed for a Space
- 5 Low Cost Green Upgrades You Haven't Thought Of
- Will High Velocity AC Blow You Away?
- Dazzling Dividers: The Non-Renovation Renovation
- Top Your Top With a Ridge Vent?
- REGREEN Can Kick Start Your Green Renovation Plans
- 2 Key Questions for Utility-Friendly Home Renovation
- Extreme Green Remodel: North Carolina House Goes LEED Platinum
- EarthStone Products: Recycled Granite and Marble
- A Helpful Home Efficiency Pyramid
- Bird-Friendly Glass: Taking a Lesson from Spiders
- D-Build: Stories and a Marketplace for Reclaimed Materials
- Recycled Glass Doors as Room Dividers
- DiggersList: The Craigslist of the Materials World
- Learning To Love Caulk: 5 Eco-Friendly Options
- Bamboo: As Green As You Thought?
- Auranox: Smog Eating Roof Tiles
- How To Shop For Green Tile
- On The Horizon: Building with Phase Change Materials
- Why Cork Is So Incredibly Green
- A Comparison of Natural and Composite Surfaces
- Silacote: Eco-Friendly Masonry and Concrete Paint
Past Monthly Roundups: