1. Read the instructions.
2. Youtube has videos for things you need to know.
3. Make sure everything has its place.
4. Keep your car clean.
5. Keep the instructions.
6. Keep good records and a filing system.
7. Clean your house before you go on vacation.
8. If you live alone your trash will smell. Use smaller cans/bags.
9. Deep clean your refrigerator at least every 3 months.
10. Look at your house as if you were a visitor.
11. Use company as motivation to clean.
12. You don't need that many kitchen gadgets.
13. The less you have the less you have to put away.
14. Don't spend more than you make.
15. Learn to repair things yourself.
16. Don't be afraid to call a professional.
17. Your credit is forever. Don't screw it up.
18. Stick to basic cleaning supplies.
19. Document any serial number on items you'd want back if stolen.
20. Take care of your stuff and it will last.
21. Save money every month, even if it's just $5.
22. Don't start activity B until you've cleaned up after A.
23. Entertain often and find great friends.
24. Nothing improves in storage.
25. True friends don't care if your house is messy. Invite them anyway.
26. Invest in a decent shredder.
27. Keep stuff off the floor.
28. Once in a lifetime deals usually aren't.
29. Keep track of your immunization records.
30. Stuff will always work out. Don't stress.
Thanks for everyone's participation in this fun question. It's interesting to see how many similar things we all could have used a little heads up on and it's oddly gratifying to learn that you aren't the only one in that small "used to be clueless" boat.