Beachwood Canyon- Hollywood, CA
444 Sq/ft 1 Bedroom
ATLA (mais oui), Living Etc., Craigslist, Oly Studio, Domino.
What inspired you?
The apartment's views and location. With windows on three sides, there are views up the canyon to the left and expansive LA city views from the back porch.
- Furniture on wheels -- for those of us who need to switch it up fairly often.
- Art posters: Dave Chappelle's most excellent Block Party; concert posters from Broken Social Scene, Akron Family, Band of Horses.
- The chairs in the living room were lucky finds from Goodwill.
- Inherited pieces from my grandmother: old hotel ashtrays, gold-leaf glasses, engraved tea service.
- The chair in the bedroom was found, without any right angles, in a trash heap. I rehabbed it and covered it in stripy fabric on the cheap from F&S outlet.
- Music is on the IPod. Files are on the computer. The alarm clock is the mobile. And the closet is well-edited. It's nice to keep it all light.
Acquire affordable, interesting art and support students by attending/purchasing at art school auctions -- SVA, Maryland Institute College of Art, Otis College.