Cersaie is a trade show that is all
about tile, which means many of the showrooms are showing you exactly that, and nothing more; just gorgeous tile on the walls, floors and displays, with no other furniture or fixtures to distract you. But, some showrooms go the other route, creating vignettes that show how the tile may work in rooms at home. Here are five ideas that I thought were worth a second look from the stylists at this years show...
1. Go a little rustic and woody-warm with your accessories in the bath for a mix of textures and to balance with the coolness of tile.
2. Create a "chair rail" effect in the bathroom by running tile horizontally, with a light color above and a darker tone below.
3. Need a little more surface area? Small shelves make great use of vertical space.
4. Float your glass enclosure from the "back" wall for an open access shower area that practically disappears (the better to show off the tile!)
5. Have a long, 2 person trough sink? Create extra surface area for storage AND visual separation between "stations" by breaking up the space with wooden (see idea #1!) plank shelves, cut to fit.
(Images: Janel Laban)